Man, I knew I wasn’t going to make it through the entire break without getting sick but I was sure hoping. Hmph.
Christmas was wonderful this year! Holy cow! I was not expecting anything close to everything I ended up getting. I spent Christmas Eve and morning with David and his family again and had an awesome dinner and brunch, and then went to my grandparents for my own family time. Lots of fun :)
From David and his family I got:
- 2 $50 tattoo shop gift certificates (!!)
- A gift card for a massage
- Victoria’s Secret gift card
- A book I had been looking for
- New spiral plugs
- A crochet book for making different little foodstuffs
- A moleskine recipe journal
From my family:
- A lava lamp (teehee)
- A coin bank
- 2 mattress toppers
- Sweatpants and jacket
- A seat heater thingy for my car
- Skullcandy headphones
- 32gb iPod (!!)
- Toshiba laptop (!!!!)
- New desk and computer chair (!)
I was literally in shock after sunday, I still have no idea how they afforded all of that. But man, I am crazy lucky. My family and boyfriend are simply wonderful, and this year has been awesome all around. (And I was actually able to get off work for New Year’s Eve this year! Last year I was stuck there until two. Excitement!)
And it has a webcam?! Endless entertainment.
A new down feather mattress pad and a new laptop (with an actual working battery!) equals me never wanting to leave my bed, ever again. Ahhh
- Michele Bachmann: "Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” (2004)
- Ron Paul: "The rate of AIDS infection is on the increase again. From the gay point of view, the reasons seem quite sensible. First, these men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners... because sex is the center of their lives, they want it to be as pleasurable as possible, which means unprotected sex. Third, they enjoy the attention & pity that comes with being sick." (1995 in a newsletter)
- Rick Perry: "I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. " (2011 in a campaign ad)
- Mitt Romney: "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." (2011 while speaking to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.)
- Newt Gingrich: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." (1994, about his first wife)
- Rick Santorum: "Is anyone saying same-sex couples can’t love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too?" (2008)
- Michele Bachmann: "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." (2009 during a debate)
- Mitt Romney: "PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." (2006, when questioned about driving 12 hours with his dog in a cage strapped to the top of his car)
I just did some calculatin’ and realized I have around 83% in Chemistry right now, which is way higher than I thought I had. Now I really don’t care if I do well on this test or not, it’s just our last chapter test instead of a final. WOO. Bedtime.
It’s really hard to study for Chemistry when I just do not give a single fuck, especially not about gases and their properties.
Have I studied? Nope, not even a little bit. I stopped caring after I handed in my English portfolio.
UPDATE: I think this energy drink is giving me heartburn.
It should not be this difficult for me to write creative story papers! Everything I write just ends up sounding scientific and basically the opposite of emotional, whatever that is. HRMPH
“You can’t walk away from what your heart knows, you can’t trade today for tomorrow, and I’m holding on ‘til you let me go.”
I’m thinking I should listen to music while I write papers more often, it distracts me from freaking out and thinking I’m failing miserably at everything.
Every time I eat McDonald’s I question my life choices but it’s the ONLY THING OPEN AT THIS HOUR!
This is the first time in forever I’ve had some momentum when it comes to writing papers. Maybe I’ll actually finish this one tonight! 3 days before it’s due! I don’t think I’ve ever done that in my life, ever. Cool? Yes.